Frequently Asked Questions
Have a question? We have the answer. Please click the read more text to learn more.
- Comfortable slacks (6 pair)
- Cotton Shirts (8 pair)
- Robe (1)
- Pull over house gowns (7)
- Dresses (buttoned down) & Slips
- Pantyhose or knee highs (2) & Bras (3)
- Afghan/Lap blanket
- Underwear & Socks (10 pair)
- Shoes (house slippers or tennis shoes)
- Night gowns (patients may use hospital gowns provided by facility)
- Dentures, Eye Glasses and Hearing Aids
- Adult briefs (also available by Medicaid)
- Toothbrush, toothpaste, or denture tablets
- Hair brush/comb
- Razor (electric if desired)
- Perfume or cologne
- Deodorant, lotion, powder
- Plastic clothes hangers (20)
- Personal items from home (pictures, stationery & pens, books, mementos)
IMPORTANT: All items must be marked. Clothing labels are available through facility. An inscription appliance is available to use. Please ask housekeeping to assist you. All furnishings and electrical materials must be inspected by maintenance with fire safety codes. Please notify your nurse or Social Services when bringing in these items after admission.
What should I look for when visiting a Rehab Facility?
You should look for cleanliness and the staff should be friendly. Look for a facility which has a specially designed and separate rehab unit.
What is skilled nursing / sub acute rehab care?
Sub acute care is comprehensive inpatient care designed for someone who has an acute illness, injury, or exacerbation of a disease process. It is goal oriented treatment. Sub acute care is generally more intensive than traditional nursing facility care and less than acute care; it requires treatment plan for a limited time period (several days to several months), until the condition is stabilized or a predetermined treatment course is completed.
Will I get assistance for my discharge?
Our Social Services department discharge planner will help you to arrange for your return to home, ALF or a Long-Term Care Facility. The discharge planner will work with therapy and you to decide the safest discharge plan to meet your individual needs and goals.
What Amenities are available?
- Two rehab Gyms
- Therapy Available 7 days a week
- In room Bathrooms and Showers (Showers available in most rooms)
- Individual Telephones and Televisions in rehab rooms
- Private rooms Available
- Free Wi Fi
- Barber and hairdresser services are available on-site, by appointment for your convenience.
What activities are available?
You may participate in the many recreational activities which are posted and announced each day.
How are meals served?
Meals are served in our Main dining room, or privately in your room. We also offer assisted dining rooms to provide care to those with special dining needs. Guest meals are available at a nominal cost.
Can my family members spend the night?
Semi-private rooms can not accommodate overnight visits. Private rooms are equipped for overnight visits and can be requested from admissions office.